Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You're breaking daddy's heart!

I was worried my frozen milk would go bad before I even went back to work, so about a week ago we started using my frozen milk to feed Nolan right before his bedtime.

Francis, being the awesome dad he is, took on the task of this bedtime feeding; I would then go pump. This should be no problem, as Francis used to do all the midnight feedings before Nolan was sleeping through the night.

However, Nolan was not cool with this. He literally SCREAMED the entire feedings. Nolan would take a little sip, then scream for a minute...little sip, then scream. I thought that maybe Nolan didn't like this thawed milk, but as soon as I held the bottle, he was totally content. I guess Nolan is just used to me feeding/comforting him right before bed (sigh).

We decided to fight through this and let him scream, hopefully break him of this issue. But it breaks my heart to hear him - it sounds like he's in PAIN. But I know he's not, so I have to let daddy continue feeding him.

What's worst, I can see on Francis' face how much it hurts him that Nolan is "rejecting" him. It honestly brings tears to my eyes. We'll see how things go...

No comments:

Post a Comment