Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dad

I still think about you every day, Dad. It's been almost 8 years since you were taken from us, and I still - each and every day - think about how different and better things would be if you were here.

We struggle almost every day with things that were so simple for you. You made everything look so easy. You made fatherhood, taking care of a house and a household look so easy. I wish you were still there to hug me when I was overwhelmed with work issues. Or to lend a helping hand when I had an broken pipe in my home. Or to help guide mom with the financial investments.
Everything in our lives is more difficult and painful because you're not here.

I am still angry that you - an amazing dad and best friend to Jarrod and I, and an amazing husband to mom - would be taken at such a young age. Why wasn't some asshole dad who didn't care about his family like you did, be taken instead? Why?!!

All I know is that I am so so thankful for the 27 years I had with you, and I hope you're happy wherever you are. You truly deserve to be happy - you spent your life taking care of everyone else, so I hope all that amazing love is being poured onto you now.

I love you and feel deeply saddened without you here, dad. I just hope you're getting the Fathers Day you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment