Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Getting better every day

I really hope that I don't jinx myself by saying this (knocking on wood!), but I would have to say that things are getting better every day!

As Francis and I are learning how to coordinate feedings at night and better understand Nolan's schedule, we are finally feeling a bit more sane. I would still have to say that it can be incredibly difficult waking up at 2am and 4am to feed the little guy, but my body is starting to figure out how to operate on the broken up rest. My hardest time of the day: the period after his ~4am feeding. He really does not want to go to bed for HOURS after that feeding, which means I'm often up from 4am onward! That's why my 9am bedtime curfew is crucial!!

I still find it almost impossible during the day to get anything done outside of breastfeeding and changing diapers, but I am really hopeful that Nolan will be on a more regular feeding schedule within the next couple months. As of right now, he sometimes eats within 20 minutes of the last feeding; then other times will wait at least a couple hours. But I keep reading (and I'm staying hopeful) that his feedings will become more regular as he gets a bit bigger.

Breastfeeding is also become easier - he is latching much faster lately, and I have been experimenting with different techniques. I think I'm going to try the "laying down" position (where I am in a basic side-lying position) in the next couple feedings to see if maybe I can try to feed Nolan while still laying in bed. That would be AWESOME if Nolan took to it - maybe I could breastfeed him while half asleep in my cozy bed. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment